29 October 2008

Today feels like Thursday

That's what a co-worker said to me today. She explained that Tuesday felt like Monday, and today (Wednesday) felt like Thursday. It shouldn't make any sense to me, but I completely understand. I wish today was Thursday, because it would be one less day until I see my fiance.

He got sleepy last night 30 minutes before he got to Detroit and went to bed early. Thank god for that - apparently the worst of the storm, that he was headed into (from my earlier post) was worst during the time he should have been driving, but because he knew better than to drive sleepy, he missed the bulk of it and now there is only a light layer of slush on the highways. Dangerous, yes, but far from the whiteout and hazardous conditions he was planning on driving through.

I'm asking him if he minds if I post the pictures of his wreck on this blog. I feel that it should be shown how dangerous winter driving can be, and how important it is that people take their time when driving during snowy wintery conditions.

Friday is Halloween! I'm so excited that I'm planning on doing a Halloween picture post sometime today. I take my pictures from deviantart.com - more than likely I'm breaking some copyright laws, but I try and credit where credit is due, and not post anything that explicitly says I'm not allowed. :)

I just got a message from Mike that says he made it through the trickiest part of the remnants of the storm, and it should be clear sailing all the way home. Yay!

1 comments:

sarahmaclellan said...

Thats great to hear!!!