28 October 2008

The Definition of Lonely



So I woke up this morning not feeling like a complete and utter piece of crap. Which is a vast improvement from the previous 8 weeks when I wake up and I just don't want to get out of bed.

Living here is.. hard. I knew it would be, but the hardest part is that now I'm constantly surrounded by all of these people... and I've never felt more alone. How is that possible? Because I am a dork, I looked up the definition of lonely, and this is what I found:


lacking companions or companionship;


But see, that doesn't apply to me. I have companions and companionship, so why do I feel so lonely over here? I get to Halifax at least once every three weeks, and my finance, Mike (whom you shall be hearing more about over the coming weeks I'm sure). It's just one of those things that doesn't make sense.

Oh well... all that is important, is that I feel good today - better than yesterday and much better than the day before. I suppose when you're that low, there's no where else to go but up?

0 comments: