07 November 2008

I'm coming home!!

In 3.5 hours, I will be on my way to Halifax to spend 4 glorious days with my mom, my sister-in-law and my absolutely, positively gorgeous neice, Rebecca. I can not wait. I will also have the opportunity to visit my friends and spend some quality time with my apartment. I miss my apartment. I miss... cleaning my apartment. LOL!

So my last post was rather depressing, and one of my friends has suggested that I do something about it. I'm not sure what to do, really. But I promised her I would think long and hard about eating my share of crow. Mmm, that sure looks good. We'll see.

This blog has certianly managed to put a stopper in the serious downward spiral of depression I was headed into. It kind of ebbs and flows now instead of rushing at me at 100 miles an hour like a gyser. Creative outlets are good for the soul I guess. I'm going to start writing again - and this time it won't be under the idea that I want to publish it - it will be for me. It may suck, who knows. But at least it will be mine.

For now, I'm going to leave you all with a favourite quote of mine, by John Ruskin:

"Do not think of your faults, still less of other's faults; look for what is good and strong, and try to imitate it. Your faults will drop off, like dead leaves, when their time comes."

1 comments:

sarahmaclellan said...

I like that qoute. And I'm glad blogging has helped. Its like a constant vent outlet!

Can't wait to see you and I hope I get to see the babyyyy this time.

-S