04 November 2008

All By Myself

No, I'm not planing on breaking out into Celine Dion or any other person who has done that song. I've been avoiding thinking about this all weekend, but it's time to face the facts. Winter is coming - Mike's parked his motorcycle for the season here in PEI and is borrowing his father's old beat up truck to head back to Nova Scotia. But the thing is, the truck is that unreliable, he won't risk coming back and forth from NS to PEI with it. So that means I've got 50 days, give or take a couple, by myself here on PEI without my finace. I've been having a rough enough time without him when he's only gone for 6-10 days. I can't imagine how I'm going to handle FIFTY.

Maybe if I pretend that he'll be coming home any day... no, that won't work. I'll drive myself crazy doing that.

I was talking to my friend Melanie the other day, and asked her if she would consider coming to Halifax for an extended visit of a couple of weeks where I haven't seen her in about 3 years. She said no, flat out. I was a little taken back, and asked why. She said she knew she couldn't go that long without her boyfriend, Joey. I laughed at her, but now I understand. Fifty days is an awful long time. And some people will say "yada yada yada, it'll make you stronger" and then I say, "Please go srew yourself". Even after a year and a half, I hate being away from him. I hope that feeling never leaves, but I dislike having to be put through these situations where I'm forced to feel this way.

I love this job - it's the main reason I'm here. But I just wish that things could be easier. It seems that when things are going well in my professional life, my personal life goes down the tube. And vise versa!

I've got plenty to keep me occupied - but it won't be the same. Oh well. Enough about that. I'll blog more today about other stuff. Gonna have to, to lighten the mood!! :)

Love to all,
Heather -xo-

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie - I know how you feel!!! During this past year Garry and I didn't see each other for MONTHS at a time - we spend three months together out of 12, but you do get through it! AN don't tell me to go screw myself or I will personally fly to PEI and kick your ass, you are still my little cousin you know!

XOXO