20 November 2008

Twenty Months & I'm FAT!

I'm getting married in 20 months. That leaves me with 20 months to drop to my desired weight for my wedding, which is roughly 150 pounds. And yes, I will shout it out to the entire world how grossly obese I am - that's about 100 pounds to lose. 


Ohhh boy. Let out that can of worms, didn't I?

Man, I am faaatt. 150 is my "dream goal". I would be exstatic with being 175-180 for my wedding. But that's still over 50 to drop, and it starts TODAY.

No more binging. I know I won't go two years without McDonalds or icecream, chocolate, etc. But this time, I'm going to do it the smart way. 

Everything in moderation. Treat myself once a month to something that I enjoy such as a dinner out or something greasy, but not go overboard. Sure I can eat Kraft Dinner - just not the entire box - so instead have 1 cup with some veggies on the side. I can enjoy a slice of pizza, just not sit down and gobble down half of a party-sized pep & cheese from greco! 

I gotta get back into my loving relationship with vegetables again. I'm afraid I'm going to get scurvy. 

So, to my friends and my family - this is what I ask of you. Respect my decision to become a healthy person and try not to put bad food choices at me. Or if I decline on eating something that I know isn't good for me, don't call me "lame" or similar. 

Encourage my progress and understand that I want to live to be above the age of 50. I want kids, and I want to look f*cking hot on my wedding day. In fact, if you want to encourage me, become a buddy in my healthy lifestyle challenge! I know while not all my friends are "big", many are not "healthy" and it's always good to take care of yourself!

Along with my daily posts, there will be a paragraph at the bottom dedicated to my progress. I will try and not make it all about my lifestyle revolution, but it will now become a regular occurance on my blog.

Day 1: Oooh boy. I'm doing it again.

I lost 27 pounds last summer. I need to lose that PLUS a tonne more before July 17th, 2010. I did it once, I can do it again. The hardest part is remembering how I did it before I met Mike and how to get myself back into that pysche of becoming a healthier me. 

Today I had 1 cup of cereal and a coffee (with mostly milk instead of cream). For lunch, I just finished a really tasty veggie salad from Subway (I wonder how long they're remain tasty before I get burnt out on those. Oh I remember THAT.) 

Because I want to remain full, but not stuffed, I'm waiting 20 minutes before assessing if I had enough for my lunch. *(Which I did)*  
 
I have baby carrots for an afternoon snack at around 2:00 and I also picked up some SmartPop Popcorn to switch it up. Although eating popcorn (even 90% fat free) is not the best choice as it contains more sodium than your body can handle in a day which dehydrates you. 

I've done some exercises at my desk that work well (check out the article here.)  and I've found that they're actually pretty good! I'll add in some pushups and crunches tonight (I hope I can maintain the motivation to do it tonight instead of watching CSI: NY all night) and I should be good to go! 

I'm motivated for now, but I know it will fade. I've got to find ways to keep the motivational train going, and I'm looking for a buddy to join me on my Weight Watchers and exercising. If you're interested, email me.     


1 comments:

Wendy said...

You can do it! You can do it!