17 November 2008

I am going into hiding!

I've realized it is practically impossible to go back to Halifax for less than 36 usable hours and be able to see all the people I want. By the time I had spent some time with my mother and Rebecca, Mike was home and we ended up going home and going to BED. I realized Sunday morning that I had no available time to call Amanda OR Dee to hang out, and that I was just plain old exhausted.

I'm still exhausted.

I'm going back NEXT WEEKEND. I'm nuts right? No, Mr & Mrs. Peters are planning on going and he's going to be there delivering Friday and Mrs. Peters figured she'd hitch a ride with me, which makes the drive less unbearable having some company. She is also helping with gas so I know that going up next weekend will be less of a squeeze on my wallet. But after that, I am not planning any more trips back to Halifax until December 25th when I go back for good. I can't do it any more - three weekends in a row is nuts. I love seeing my mother, I love seeing my brother and sister-in-law. And I love seeing Rebecca, but this will be four weeks of non-stop going, going, going without a break. My body is screaming at me on a daily basis, "WHY ARE YOU HURTING ME! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME! STOP WITH THE TORTURE OF HIGHLY CAFFEINATED BEVERAGES AND TWENTY MINUTE NAPS ON THE SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY!"

Yeah, that's right people. You heard me. Driving yesterday was a battle. It was grey, dreary, raining and foggy. To the left, I had the lovely scenery of grey nothingness. To the right, the same. And in front, I got to look at the arse end of a car and then peer off into an eternity of grey nothingness. I felt like I wasn't making any progress and then my eyes started to get sooo heavy. So by the time I got to Oxford, I pulled over and took a twenty minute nap on the side of the road.

Classy.

Once I got to Aulac, I went to the Irving Big Stop and bought some energy drinks and bought a very large extra-caffeinated coffee. I was wired for sound by the time I hit the bridge. Then a leisurely 40 minute drive and I was at my home away from home, where I proceeded to sit down in front of the TV and veg while watching Mythbusters and not wanting to move. I went to bed at 9 pm. Which is not normal for me. I'm in bed at midnight usally. T-minus 4 days until I'm doing is all over again.

Nuts, b'ys. I'm absolutely cracked.

1 comments:

Dee and Ryan Hudson said...

ha!
i'm familiar with highway roadside napping. several times when i was driving back and forth from philadelphia by myself i'd pull over or a quick snoozer while other cars wizzed by at like ... 120 kph lol.

i have to say i was disappointed not to get a call. but i understand. i think you and mike should come over for dinner sunday night. i'll make a feast :)

food bribery ALWAYS works.