18 November 2009

Quotes I live by

As I have heard, quoting does not mean you are an intelligent person. However, I feel that the sign of intelligence is whether you actually follow the advice of intelligent people. If you can discern the bullshit from the genuine words of wisdom, I give you kudos, you're on your way.

Here are a few quotes that I either live by personally, or that I find so cute/adorable/hilarious that I wanted to share them with you [all 2 of my followers ;)] Maybe you can read these, and bring them into your own daily activities. I tried to pare it down a bit, but sorry if there are quite a few!

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. -
Confucius

Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses. - Confucius

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar
Wilde

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative. - Oscar
Wilde

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise
they'll kill you.
- Oscar Wilde

How poor are they who have not patience! What wound did ever heal but
by degrees.
- William Shakespeare

Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind. - William
Shakespeare

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely
players.
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his
time plays many parts...
- William Shakespeare, "As You Like It", Act 2
scene 7

Think like a wise man but communicate in the language of the
people
. - William Butler Yeats

A friend is a second self. - Aristotle

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it.
- Aristotle

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession
of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
- Jane Austen, Pride
and Prejudice, first line






0 comments: