22 December 2009

Merry Christmas!

It's getting to be that time, folks! For all three people who read my blog, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas (I know I'm three days early, but I work full time and will probably not post anything on Christmas Day - hell, I don't post anything USUALLY... so, go figure lol).

It's tough this year. I thought I'd be alright not being home considering my family is split up in three provinces this holiday season. I guess knowing my Mom is by herself in Newfoundland and My Dad, brother and sister are all together in Halifax stings a little. It's not my fault that they chose to be away from each other for Christmas, but it just further justifies my reasoning that Christmas in my family is no longer what it once was. We may not be small children anymore, but I firmly believe that Christmas should be spent with family. ALL of your family.

Well, that won't be happening this year. Mike's family is based on one island, mine on another. And to throw a bigger wrench into it, half of them moved to Nova Scotia. Sigh. Why can't our lives consist of the big italian families you see in the movies where everyone comes to Big Mama's house for dinner once a week?

Some people aren't close to their families - well I guess my umbilical cord, while quite streched, hasn't been severed yet. I'm frightfully close to stomping my foot to the floor and whining that I want my mother. What a baby I am.

I know one things for sure. Regardless of where Mike and I are this time next year, I will be taking vacation and going wherever my mother is.

0 comments: